Thursday, December 24, 2009

S2 Finale (Chapter 16)

Chapter 16: Soul


Three Days Later


“We need to go see the Kingadent now.” Ryukai said to Mika calmly.


“I don’t want to go.” Mika replied. “We already know what Warlic will say...and I don’t want to leave just yet. Not after everything we have been through. Not after what Loreon has been through.”


“If we don’t leave...Omicron will be lost. We can’t let him die.”


“We let Starbuck die. Odessa. Mina.” Mika continued on depressed. “And I slaughtered Kabroz. I’m done. What is one more person?”


“Mika! Listen to yourself! You have always helped the innocent and now you are just going to give up? We are the Dragonguard. We don’t have a say in the matter. We are here to protect the world.”


“We have saved it twice. I’m done.” she said closing the door. She went back to her bed and crawled under the covers. Tears swelled up inside of her eyes.


“So you plan on letting the Soul Eaters win?” Ryukai yelled through the closed door.


“We stopped them.” she whispered.


“We stopped the physical Soul Eaters. But it looks like they have completed their work on you. They have eaten your soul. No one with a soul would just give up like this.”


Ryukai heard the slamming of Mika’s feet against the ground as she ran forward and opened the door. “You are going to tell me that I have no soul? I care about Omicron. This isn’t easy for me...but if I return again...then I will be destroyed. Who I am will be gone. I’ve given enough to this world. You go rescue Omicron by yourself.”


The door slammed and Ryukai gave up. He made his way to the palace to meet with Warlic.


“You have decided.” Ryukai said as he looked at Warlic.


“I have. You may go to restore Omicron. The Alliance Gundams will protect the Alliance while you are gone. However, we can not refer to them as such much longer...”


“Ah yes. You decided that we should all just merge as the Arthurian Empire. So, the Arthurian Gundams I guess.”


“Yes. So when will you and Mika be leaving?”


“Mika refuses to go. She has lost herself...”


“Then this seems like the perfect opportunity for her to find herself.” Warlic noted. “Omicron may need both of you to be restored. She must go.”


“How can I convince her?” Ryukai asked. “She says she is done.”


Ryukai then heard a voice from behind him. “I will go.” It was Mika. “However I am still done...we will reach Essence and the dragons, and then I will be done. I will not return to Loreon.”

“Very well.” Ryukai said. “We should leave now.”


Mika nodded and Warlic agreed. The two went down into the palace basement where the Omicron shards had been locked up.


“I just hope that when we get there...there is still an Omicron to be saved.” Ryukai said as he took the shards.



No comments:

Post a Comment